Full Stack Engineer – Remote
Interested in being part of a dynamic team at a funded, revenue-generating startup that will change the way tech companies forecast and run their business?
Flightpath Finance is building a Connected Financial Model to provide forecasts, reports and metrics to the CEOs, CFOs and founders of fast-growing tech startups. Comprehensive financial planning tools have traditionally been reserved for the enterprise, but startups and growing tech companies alike need visibility to their business. Flightpath’s platform creates a three statement financial model that integrates with 3rd party SaaS tools such as Stripe and Quickbooks to give the decision-makers access to real-time data, while providing roles-based access for team members and investors to operate out of the same playbook.
We are looking for a strong, creative Full Stack Engineer to work closely with the product team of three: CTO, Senior Software Engineer and the CEO. As employee #5/6 your work will matter A LOT, and you get to see the efforts put in use by CEOs and founders of other companies on a monthly basis.
- React web app with Redux/Apollo
- HTML5/CSS (modules)
We’re looking for:
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other RDBMS. (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Deep understanding of how to write scalable software
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Passion for creating great products and solving unique problems
Bonus points if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related degree but impressive portfolio list trumps all
- Experience giving technical mentorship and best practices training to junior engineers
- Experience using GraphQL and frameworks like Relay/Apollo
- Dev ops experience, especially building a scalable web application on AWS or Google
- Take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Healthcare, 401K with 6% matching, four weeks of vacation and gym & commuter benefits
- Ultimate flexibility setting your work environment. We’re open to remote employees in North America, or employees officing with one of us in Los Angeles, Baltimore, San Antonio or Sherbrooke.
- Paid company meetups (one trip this summer was to the beautiful lakes of Finland for a week where we transported two sheep in a rowboat to an island where they are currently roaming today.)
- Tremendous opportunity to solve tough challenges in the intersection of tech and finance industries – this is not yet another crud app
- A team that values your personal well being. We offer four weeks of vacation and believe weekends are meant for re-charging and relaxing – not last minute bug fixes in production
- Competitive Salary depending on experience. $90k – 115k base plus benefits and equity grants.
- Flightpath embraces diversity. We believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering approach to finance starts with a fair and inclusive culture. We encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic. Help us reach our goal in making the future of tech and finance diverse, inclusive, and exciting.