Director of Accounting Services – CPA – San Antonio, TX
Interested in being part of a dynamic team at a funded, revenue-generating startup that will change the way tech companies forecast and run their business?
Flightpath Finance is building a Connected Financial Model to provide forecasts, reports and metrics to the CEOs, CFOs and founders of fast-growing tech startups. Comprehensive financial planning tools have traditionally been reserved for the enterprise, but startups and growing tech companies alike need visibility to their business. Flightpath’s platform creates a three statement financial model that integrates with 3rd party SaaS tools such as Stripe and Quickbooks to give the decision-makers access to real-time data, while providing roles-based access for team members and investors to operate out of the same playbook.
We are looking for a Director of Accounting Services to work closely with the CEO and CCO of the company to make Flightpath’s clients succeed.
Your responsibilities include working with our clients on their accounting. This means setting up the companies chart of accounts to be used for board-level reporting and operational forecasting, and building and maintaining recognized revenue and deferred revenue schedules. You would also do monthly bookkeeping for our clients until we can hire a team of bookkeepers for you to lead. We’re looking for someone who strives to find solutions to automate large part of this work through integrations, bank rules and better processes, but is not afraid to get their hands dirty if a more manual approach is needed.
Our success depends entirely on the success of our clients, and providing accurate and objective data is a key part of achieving that.
We’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Big-4 Accounting or similar
- Operational accounting role at a startup
- Freelance CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a qualification such as a CPA to demonstrate you have the finance and accounting expertise needed for the job
- Integrity and trustworthiness. Finance industry has acquired a negative reputation for a reason, but we want to run things differently at Flightpath. We believe there’s a lot of value in financial advice, it’s just that we need to continuously earn the trust of our clients by our actions – not corporate speak. For us, this means we strive to be a trusted, long-term partner of our clients as they continue to grow to profitability, acquisitions and even IPO.
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked with startup accounting
- Experience giving mentorship and best practices training to bookkeepers and junior accountants
- Experience using Quickbooks Online or Xero
- Take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Healthcare, 401k with 6% matching, four weeks of vacation, paid parental leave and gym & commuter benefits
- Flexibility setting your work environment. You will be located in our San Antonio, TX office at Geekdom, but you can pick your own hours as long as you can service your clients. Working from home is also encouraged but not required on 1-2 days a week.
- Paid company meetups once a year (one trip this summer was to the beautiful lakes of Finland for a week where we transported two sheep in a rowboat to an island where they are currently roaming today.) We will also have team
- Tremendous opportunity to solve tough challenges in the intersection of tech and finance industries
- A team that values your personal well being. We offer four weeks of vacation and believe weekends are meant for re-charging and relaxing – not for Friday 5pm requests to “get this ready by Monday.” We don’t have a busy season.
- Competitive Salary depending on experience. Base of $65k-80k plus equity grants and performance-based bonuses.
- Flightpath embraces diversity. We believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering approach to finance starts with a fair and inclusive culture. We encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic. Help us reach our goal in making the future of tech and finance diverse, inclusive, and exciting.
Apply through by emailing your resume and reasons why do you think you’re a great candidate for the job to [email protected]m